St Saviour’s Safeguarding Officer is Jane Ireland 07944 606970
St Saviour’s Children’s Champions (Youth and Children and Adults at risk) are Zoe Elliott (at 8am) 07900 848336 and Anna Damianov (at 11am) 07947 551787
St Mary’s Safeguarding Officer is Mark Hurst 07824 566650
St Mary’s Children’s Champion (Youth and Children and Adults at risk) is Angie Garvich 07872 592916
London Diocese Safeguarding Officer is Claire Meaney 020 3837 5097 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Parish Safeguarding Policy
The Parish Safeguarding Policy is in keeping with Diocesan Guidelines, and has been adopted by the PCC of St Saviour, Warwick Avenue and the PCC of St Mary-on-Paddington Green.
We, as a Parish, are committed to Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of everyone and central to our mission and ministry.
The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults who are involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all. This Safeguarding Policy is based on the Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Church of England that was agreed and published by the House of Bishops in 2017.
It sets out the Safeguarding Policy of the Diocese of London and in particular a summary of the roles and responsibilities of all church bodies and office holders as we work together to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults who are involved in church activities.
This policy makes six primary policy commitments:
- To promote a safer environment and culture
- To enable and ensure safe recruitment practice and to support all those within the Church with any responsibility related to children, young people, and vulnerable adults
- To respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- To offer pastoral care to victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- To offer pastoral care to those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- To respond to those who may pose a present risk to others.
Safeguarding Policy Statement
We are committed to safeguarding as an integral part of the life and ministry of the Church. Safeguarding means the action the Church takes to promote a safer culture and ensure that those who work, volunteer and worship in or visit our churches are kept safe. As such:
- we will promote the welfare of children, young people and adults
- work to prevent abuse from occurring
- will seek to protect those who are at risk of being abused and respond well to those who have been abused.
- We will take care to identify where a person may present a risk to others and offer support to them whilst taking steps to mitigate such risks.
The Parish will take appropriate steps to maintain a safer environment for all, and to practise fully and positively Christ’s Ministry towards children, young people and vulnerable adults, responding sensitively and compassionately to their needs in order to help keep them safe from harm.
The PCC of St Mary’s Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 14th May, 2023.
The PCC of St Saviour’s Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 14th May, 2023.
Copies of “Safeguarding in the Diocese of London” and any parish guidelines and procedures are held by the Parish Office.
The Parish Policy, including photos of the Safeguarding Team, are on display in both churches.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Karen Peakman, the Parish Administrator, at the Parish Office on 020 7723 7266 or email@example.com